The Nancy Larson Foundation College Scholarship
The Nancy Larson Foundation, Inc. is proud to sponsor scholarships for college students studying to become elementary school teachers.
Juniors, seniors and graduate students who have declared an elementary education major are invited to submit a personal story about what three traits they believe they have that will make them an excellent teacher. Applicants will also be asked to list community service activities and experiences they have had working with children. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to apply.
The Nancy Larson Foundation, Inc. was established by Nancy Larson to encourage and support prospective teachers. Larson is the author of the nationally successful Saxon Math K4. She formed Nancy Larson Publishers, Inc. in 2004 with the goal of providing engaging and challenging programs in content areas beyond mathematics. The company’s first release is the fun and interactive Nancy Larson ® Science K, 1, 2, 3, and 4 program. Science 5 is being developed.
Nancy Larson Foundation Scholarship Rules:
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate junior, senior or graduate student with a declared major in elementary education or equivalent.
- Submission requirements: 500 words or less statement answering “Describe three traits you possess that you believe will make you a successful teacher,” official transcript, resume showing employment history, activities and community service. Applications will not be processed without an official transcript.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Only entries submitted online using the form below or mailed to PO Box 6, Old Lyme, CT 06371 will be considered. Click here to download the application form for mailing.
- Recipients will be selected by independent judges and recipients will be notified by December 30, 2013.
- The Nancy Larson Foundation will award the following scholarships to the five (5) best entries: One (1) $1000.00 scholarship to each of the five (5) chosen recipients
- Employees and immediate family of employees of Nancy Larson Publishers are not eligible for contests or scholarships.
- No correspondence will be given regarding the competition itself and the selections of judges are final.
- If selected as a recipient of a scholarship administered by the Nancy Larson Foundation, you agree to allow your name and photograph to be utilized in news releases and publicity materials of the Nancy Larson Foundation.
- All entries must be received or postmarked by November 15, 2013. Nothing received or postmarked after this date will be accepted.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
* Minimum of 5 scholarships. More scholarships may be given at the discretion of the Foundation.